Collaboration among Payers and Providers
Hear how providers are using e-consult to help their patients.
Alyssa Spencer, PA, Wellspace Health, presents her patient’s story and how E-Consult improved her care experience.
Unique Aspects of the Coalition
- Payer collaboration to cover e-consult costs to make the service available to all providers and patients;
- Organizations working to resolve key issues and disseminate learnings to support program spread;
- Provider champion sharing of the benefits and value proposition of e-consult to facilitate use; and
- Shared tracking of progress and modeling of outcomes to sustain adoption.
Health Care Provider Role
- Commit to participate in monthly Coalition Roundtables
- Provide e-consult program team (clinician lead, referral program manager, and IT lead)
- The health system will not be charged a fee for the platform or implementation support provided
Opportunities for Clinics
- Has your clinic applied for the COVID-19 Test to Treat Equity Grant? $59M is available in grant funding through the California Department of Public Health. Apply by September 30 here.
- All clinics have access to the Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Portal, staffed by specialists from UCSF Benioff Children's Hospital, Oakland. To participate in this hybrid phone/e-consult program, register here.
CA SB365: Primary Care Provider E-Consult Reimbursement
Roundtable Kickoff Presentation and Summary
Central Valley E-Consult Coalition Participants List
- Adventist Health
- Anthem Blue Cross
- Altura Health Centers
- Aria Health Center
- CalViva Health
- Camarena Health
- Central Valley Health Network
- Clinica Sierra Vista
- Community Regional Medical Center
- Family HealthCare Network
- Kings Winery Clinic
- La Salle Medical Associates
- Health Net
- Omni Family Health
- Sante Health
- St. Agnes Medical Center
- Tulare Family Health
- United Health Centers
- Valley Children's Hospital
- Valley Health Team
- December 6 12-1 PT E-Consult for Pulmonology. Register here.
View recent events:
- September 29 E-Consult for Cardiology
- July 28 session on E-Consult Best Practices for Diabetes Management
- June 16 session on E-Consult Best Practices for Referral Team members
- May 17 session on session on E-Consult and Telehealth Tools in Response to Behavioral and Mental Health Needs
- April 20 Continuing Medical Education (CME) session on E-Consult Best Practices for Pediatrics
- March 25 education session on E-Consult for Women's Health
- February 22 CME session on E-Consult for Behavioral and Mental Health
In honor of Mental Health Awareness Month, Autumn Boylan, DHCS; Alicia Pimentel, Anthem Blue Cross; and Petra Steinbuchel, MD, UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital, spoke to tools and programs supporting access to behavioral and mental health services.
View Previous Central Valley E-Consult Roundtable Presentations
Central Valley E-Consult Newsletters
E-Consult Coalition News June 2022