Medi-Cal managed care organizations (MCOs) in California's Central Valley counties are working together to support clinics and health systems in the region by providing no-cost access to electronic consult (e-consult) to improve Medi-Cal patient access to specialty care and enhance care coordination between primary providers and specialists. The Central Valley E-Consult Coalition is a group of community health centers, health systems, independent practice associations, clinic networks and MCOs working together to create an inclusive program to address implementation needs, streamline referral workflows and improve patient/member experiences.
Unique Aspects of the Coalition
- Payer collaboration to cover e-consult costs to make the service available to all providers and patients;
- Organizations working to resolve key issues and disseminate learnings to support program spread;
- Provider champion sharing of the benefits and value proposition of e-consult to facilitate use; and
- Shared tracking of progress and modeling of outcomes to sustain adoption.
Health Care Provider Role
- Commit to participate in monthly Coalition Roundtables
- Provide Program Implementation Team (including clinician lead, program manager, and IT lead)
- The health system will not be charged a fee for the platform or implementation support provided
Join the Central Valley E-Consult Coalition
- Join us for the next Coalition Roundtable on January 19, 10-11 AM.
Webinar Link - https://us02web.zoom.us/j/9689264532
- To get involved, please complete this brief survey.
- If your organization is actively using e-consult or if you would like more information, contact email@example.com.