E-Consult Workgroup 2020 Annual Meeting Highlights
The E-Consult Workgroup and California Telehealth Policy Coalition hosted our annual meetings November 16-17, 2020. Thank you to our speakers and sponsors of our annual meeting, made possible by California Health Care Foundation, Anthem Blue Cross, ConferMed, IEHP, Safety Net Connect, WISE Healthcare, AristaMD, and RubiconMD. To sponsor the Workgroup in 2021, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
View Fireside Chat discussions, featuring e-consult innovators and use cases:
Fireside Chat discussions, featuring e-consult innovators and use cases:
AristaMD – E-Consult in PACE Settings
Pam Gould, Chief Growth Officer at AristaMD moderates a discussion about specialty care access, telehealth, e-Consult, cost savings, and the impact of the pandemic on healthcare delivery.
ConferMED Nutrition Guidance Through E-Consult
Darren Anderson, MD and founder of ConferMED, moderates a discussion with his colleagues about how they are using e-Consult and the digital pipeline to do more than connect PCPs with Specialists.
RubiconMD Managing Behavioral Health Conditions
Representatives from RubiconMDshare their vision for integrating behavioral health and e-Consult as part of comprehensive care.
Safety Net Connect – Lessons Learned from the VA
David Shulkin, MD, the former Secretary of the Veteran’s Administration, shares his experience with e-Consult while he was overseeing the Veterans Health Administration and working as a physician to treat veterans using telehealth.
Main Session, featuring e-consult payer, provider and policy leaders:
Keynote Presentation by J. Nwando Olayiwola, MD
J. Nwando Olayiwola, MD, MPH, FAAFP, Chair & Professor, Department of Family and Community Medicine; Founder, Center for Primary Care Innovation and Transformation (PCIT), The Ohio State University College of Medicine & Wexner Medical Center
Welcome and 2020 in Perspective
Chris Perrone, MPP, Director, California Health Care Foundation BluePath Health Program Introduction – Looking Back on 2020
Payer Alignment to Support E-Consult Expansion
- Moderator, Greg Buchert, MD, MPH, GSB Health Management Solutions, E-Consult Workgroup Clinical Advisor
- Bill Barcellona, EVP Government Affairs, America’s Physician Groups
- Abbie Totten, Medi-Cal Program Officer, Health Net
- Joel Gray, Executive Director, Anthem Blue Cross, CA Medicaid
- Delphine Tuot, MD, Zuckerberg SF General, E-Consult Workgroup Clinical Advisor
- Paul Giboney, MD, Los Angeles County Department of Health Services, E-Consult Workgroup Clinical Advisor
- Stan Frencher Jr., MD, MPH, CMO, WISE Healthcare
- Susie White, Chief Operating Officer, Inland Empire Health Plan
- Moderator, Michael Barnett, MD, Assistant Professor, Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health
- Commercial and Employer Programs – Julia Murphy, Director, Dissemination, Peterson Center on Health Care; and Adam Whitlock, Manager, Primary Care, Arkansas Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Medicare – Alpesh Amin, MD, MBA, MACP, SFHM, FACC, FRCP (Lond), Chair, Department of Medicine, UC Irvine
Reimbursement and Reporting
E-Consult Community Discussion on Reimbursement and Reporting, Carol Yarbrough, Business Operations Manager, TRC, UC Health and E-Consult Workgroup Clinical Advisors
Addressing Current Challenges
- Equity in E-Consult and Telehealth – Denise Payán, PhD, MPP, Assistant Professor of Public Health, University of California, Merced
- Legal and Compliance Considerations – Andrea Frey, JD, Attorney, Hooper, Lundy & Bookman
- Measuring Improvements in Access – Susan Kirsh, MD, MPH and Lisa Arfons, MD, Veterans Affairs Central Office, and Kenneth W. Kizer, MD, MPH, Atlas Research
Vision for 2021
E-Consult Workgroup Policy Priorities and Agenda for 2021
- Measuring and Reporting Improvements in Access to Care
- Engaging Providers and Increasing E-Consult Adoption
- Aligning Provider Incentives to Support E-Consult Sustainability